Why being active is so important?
The theme for our children’s groups and classes this month is Fitness and Body. Being physically active is really important for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. It helps to build strong bones, muscles, a healthy heart and helps develop social skills and encourages a sense of wellbeing.
Physical activity helps a child to:
- Develop their senses,
- Develop good strength, balance and posture,
- Learn about how their bodies work,
- Build social and emotional bonds,
- Develop essential movement skills,
- Develop strong bones,
- Improve their self confidence,
- Lay foundations for a lifetime of fitness,
- Improve coordination and flexibility, and
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
[*Source: http://www.getirelandactive.ie ]
Understanding the Importance of Play
Providing age appropriate play opportunities with a focus on learning and child development, while supporting families (Parent/Carer/Guardian) to enhance their parenting skills. Contribution of €2.00 per family.
|Monday||10.00 – 12.00||Babies aged 0 – 18 months|
|Wednesday||14.15 – 16.15||Children aged 0 – 3.5 years|
|Thursday||10.00 – 12.00||Children aged 0 – 3.5 years|
|Thursday||14.15 – 16.15||Children aged 2.5 – 3.5 years|
|Friday||10.00 – 12.00||Children aged 1.5 – 2.5 years|
To register for classes please contact Connie
Phone: 01 874 6810